- Smoke and protein odor removal.
- Corrosion control.
- Hydroxyl treatment.
- Document drying.
- Art restoration.
- Contents pack out service.
- Contents restoration and refinishing.
- Electronics cleaning.
- State of the art cleaning equipment.
- Ultrasonic cleaning.
We offer a full turnkey process that includes full-service from the beginning to end of your project. Our clients are in constant communication with our experienced project managers throughout the process. Our technicians are trained to handle a full range of restoration challenges and acclimate to working in extremely sensitive environments.
Our Action Plan
Within minutes of notification we respond to assess your emergency and our first responder’s arrive on site to evaluate the incident.
- Our first priority is to secure your property-facility, mitigate and prevent further damage.
- We photograph and document all contents and structure to facilitate your efforts for disaster assistance.
- We provide fast track reconstruction to keep your property functional with little disruption.
Fire Smoke and Soot
Fires are a cause of many of the projects we handle; they cause extreme distress for our clients and greatly impact lives and businesses alike. Our team of technicians and experts are trained in not only proper techniques in addressing the damages caused by the fire, but also we are there to explain and create an understanding with the client.
It is our goal not only to get your business or home back to its pre-loss condition, but also to get our clients’ lives back in order. We ensure that every project is dealt with as someone’s loss, not just a project.
- Secure safety of all individuals on premise.
- Secure all safety hazards, post all safety and caution signs on property.
- All contents, structural and building materials must be closely evaluated to determine contamination.
- All items that are questionable will be flagged to segregate for further testing. H&H Builders and Restoration, Inc., handles and documents the full inventory of salvageable/non-salvageable items.
- All equipment, floors, walls, and ceilings must be cleaned and sanitized.
- Prepare facility for reconstruction.
One of the last places people look for contamination are the areas hidden to the naked eye. Common areas that require specific attention are the HVAC systems and the attached duct-work. If left untreated many of the issues that existed in the first place return after the premise has been otherwise cleared.
HVAC systems are evaluated in compliance with ASHRAE standards. Indoor air-quality is essential and HVAC decontamination contributes to the spread of microbes. H&H Builders and Restoration, Inc., procedures in addressing the decontamination are as follows:
Investigate the point of origin to stop the spread of contamination (HVAC Specialist)
- Air Quality Sampling.
- Place Air Filtration Units.
- Develop a plan/ schedule with the client, to minimize any business interruption; thus keeping all occupants, residents and guests satisfied.
If the HVAC system was on while the fire, mold, and/or catastrophic loss occurred and continued to run thereafter. Together, it is of great importance that this system be thoroughly cleaned so the smoke and soot contamination contained therein will not permeate (smoke odor and/or dust particulate) and recontaminate (particulate matter) the property once the system is turned on again.
The HVAC/Mechanical systems will be addressed using the following methods, which includes, but is not limited to all interior components, housing, coils, drive system, duct runs, etc. Some methods may vary according to ease of access to the units. Bad air sponges will be temporarily installed in the system to aid in deodorization.
- Remove all return and supply air registers, and install filter material.
- Vacuum all duct openings using HEPA-Vac.
- Clean inside ducts using Chemical Sponge or, if necessary, use a wet cleaning method through register openings. In order to insure a complete cleaning, it may be necessary to access the duct lines via a “keyhole” saw at or near bends in the duct-work. Vacuum thoroughly, then, with ULV fogger, apply soot set resin adhesive in all directions. Repair access areas with either sheet metal or duct tape to cover openings.
- With ULV fogger back seal all remaining duct lines with clear resin sealer.
- Remove and dispose of all filters.
- Detail clean mechanical units to include but not limited to, return and supply plenums, fans, heat exchangers and cooling coils using a high-strength degreaser or coil cleaner. Rinse and deodorize.
- Blow all lines clear.